9 months old baby developmental milestones that parent should know
A parent should know 9 months old baby developmental milestones. This would help parent what to expect and what not at the age of 9 months of your baby. Here are the milestones categorized in main three categories.
- Sits without falling and reaches for toy
- crawls on hands and knees
Communication and Social Skill
- Babbling gets more elaborate (e.g., ‘ba ba ba ba’)
- Responds when called by name
- Begins to imitate social gestures such as waving ‘bye-bye’
- Develops strong attachment to caregivers
- Feels wary of strangers
Play and Cognition
- Bangs and shakes toys
- Looks for a toy that has fallen out of sights
- Enjoys firs social game of Peek-a-boo*.
- Imitates others in simple play
The developmental milestones chart listed above for 9 months old baby outline the behaviors and skills that children typically display at this age. However, every kid is unique in his own way and develops at his own pace depending on the opportunities and stimulation he receives at the age of 9 months.
Courtesy: www.zerotothree.org, Right From Start Book By Mandira Kumar